Friday, October 8, 2010

Buzz Words/Phases That Are Annoying - or Crap I Don't Care About

There are a number of things that I've pondered during my lifetime - as I'm sure you have as well, but I'm not really certain if I even give a damn about the answers - what about you?  One of my main annoyances is, there are few too many buzz words or phrases that seem to catch on way too quickly, without explanation or necessity, at least from my point of view.  I've listed just a few you may not be too fond of as well.


Phases and "Buzz" Words That Are Annoying To More People Than You Think
What the Sam-hill is up with this "Tea Party" crap? Is this "Tea Party" by invitation only, is the attire former or casual wear? Is it restricted to a certain group and are gloves and/or 'hoods' optional? Perhaps I should consult The Huffington Post or The Washington Post for clarification? Better yet, Fox News & Sarah Palin considering they seem to be the experts on this. Here are some Tea Party Pics you may find annoying as well.
"A community committed to standing together, shoulder to shoulder, to protect our country and the Constitution upon which we were founded!"
What a load of crap that is, it's just another organized group of haters wanting to get "their" way, by any means necessary.
 
"We must stay the course", why because you say so?  And must we stay the course, even if everyone knows you're heading in the wrong direction?

Who besides me - and I know I can't be alone - especially with the number of lay-offs, can't stand the one that every HR Representative has tattooed in their mental Rolodex, yes the dreaded, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"  First thought is, "Tomorrow isn't promised, yet you want me to give you a 5-year forecast, seriously?"  Perhaps the appropriate response should be, "Five years ago, did you see yourself hiring me?"

Finally, one of my all time annoying favorites is "Think outside the Box", that bitch of a phase urks me beyond belief. First of all, who's stupid enough to get themselves into a box, let along need someone else to direct them to "think" once outside of it. Shouldn't they have thought prior to getting into the box? I'm just saying.

Here's a newer buzz word that I do like and would like to use here…Deuces!

Simply put, it means, Bye.


              (Thanks Chris Brown for this one) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment